leaked memory in rust main loop?

Peter Hull
Hi all,
I've done a git pull upstream master, then
make clean
make all
make check
and I get this:

cfg: using built ./rustboot for rust deps
check: formatting
compile [boot x86]: test/run-pass/native-mod.rc
? loads more compiles and passed tests, then ...
compile [boot x86]: test/compile-fail/wrong-ret-type.rs
compile [rustc]: test/run-pass/alt-pattern-simple.rs
rt: fatal, 'leaked memory in rust main loop (51 objects)' failed,
rt/memory_region.cpp:99 51 objects
make: *** [test/run-pass/alt-pattern-simple.bc] Error 1

Any ideas why this is? make -k check gives a load of these errors.

This is OCaml 3.12 LLVM 2.9svn OS X 10.6.5

Pete

leaked memory in rust main loop?

Patrick Walton
On 12/21/10 1:49 PM, Peter Hull wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've done a git pull upstream master, then
> make clean
> make all
> make check
> and I get this:
>
> cfg: using built ./rustboot for rust deps
> check: formatting
> compile [boot x86]: test/run-pass/native-mod.rc
> ? loads more compiles and passed tests, then ...
> compile [boot x86]: test/compile-fail/wrong-ret-type.rs
> compile [rustc]: test/run-pass/alt-pattern-simple.rs
> rt: fatal, 'leaked memory in rust main loop (51 objects)' failed,
> rt/memory_region.cpp:99 51 objects
> make: *** [test/run-pass/alt-pattern-simple.bc] Error 1

Typically this indicates that rustc couldn't find your LLVM library.
Make sure that libLLVM-2.8svn.so (or similar) is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Patrick

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Patrick Walton <pwalton at mozilla.com> wrote:
> Typically this indicates that rustc couldn't find your LLVM library. Make
> sure that libLLVM-2.8svn.so (or similar) is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Sorry to ask the same question again but I'm still getting that error
and libLLVM-2.9svn.dylib is on my library path (/usr/local/lib) Using
otool -L it seems that none of rustc, librustrt.dylib or
librustrt.dylib load it and I can't find where it might be dlopen'd.
Any ideas what else I can check?

Pete

leaked memory in rust main loop?

Rafael Ávila de Espíndola
On 10-12-31 4:49 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Patrick Walton<pwalton at mozilla.com>  wrote:
>> Typically this indicates that rustc couldn't find your LLVM library. Make
>> sure that libLLVM-2.8svn.so (or similar) is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> Sorry to ask the same question again but I'm still getting that error
> and libLLVM-2.9svn.dylib is on my library path (/usr/local/lib) Using
> otool -L it seems that none of rustc, librustrt.dylib or
> librustrt.dylib load it and I can't find where it might be dlopen'd.
> Any ideas what else I can check?

Make sure link is called libLLVM-2.8svn.dylib or update comp/rustc.rc.
Also make sure the library is 32 bits.

> Pete

Cheers,
Rafael

2010/12/31 Rafael ?vila de Esp?ndola <respindola at mozilla.com>:
> On 10-12-31 4:49 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
> Make sure link is called libLLVM-2.8svn.dylib or update comp/rustc.rc. Also
Ah, that was it. I looked in all the .cpp and  .rs files but not .rc!
Thanks,
Peter