bors feature requests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bors feature requests

Sanghyeon Seo
Here are some feature requests to bors queue status page at
http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html

1. It seems to show no more than 30 pull requests. It used to be enough,
but these days we often have more than 30 pull requests in the queue.

2. The page has last-updated timestamp. It would be useful to get
timestamp from the browser and warn when the queue is not updating.
(Say, when the gap is more than 10 minutes.)

3. OUTDATED state, for pull requests that need to be rebased. GitHub
API provides "mergeable" attribute for this.

Thanks for bors! It has been great so far.
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Tim Chevalier
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Sanghyeon Seo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here are some feature requests to bors queue status page at
> http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
>
> 1. It seems to show no more than 30 pull requests. It used to be enough,
> but these days we often have more than 30 pull requests in the queue.
>
> 2. The page has last-updated timestamp. It would be useful to get
> timestamp from the browser and warn when the queue is not updating.
> (Say, when the gap is more than 10 minutes.)
>
> 3. OUTDATED state, for pull requests that need to be rebased. GitHub
> API provides "mergeable" attribute for this.

Thanks! I filed these enhancements in the bors issue tracker (which is
private right now for security reasons).

Cheers,
Tim


--
Tim Chevalier * http://catamorphism.org/ * Often in error, never in doubt
"Too much to carry, too much to let go
Time goes fast, learning goes slow." -- Bruce Cockburn
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Graydon Hoare
In reply to this post by Sanghyeon Seo
On 13-05-07 08:09 AM, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:

> Here are some feature requests to bors queue status page at
> http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
>
> 1. It seems to show no more than 30 pull requests. It used to be enough,
> but these days we often have more than 30 pull requests in the queue.
>
> 2. The page has last-updated timestamp. It would be useful to get
> timestamp from the browser and warn when the queue is not updating.
> (Say, when the gap is more than 10 minutes.)
>
> 3. OUTDATED state, for pull requests that need to be rebased. GitHub
> API provides "mergeable" attribute for this.

I've fixed #1 and #3 today (as well as adding last-comments and a
DISCUSSING state). I'll look into #2 soon. Thanks for the feedback.

-Graydon

_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Gareth Smith
On 10/05/13 01:45, Graydon Hoare wrote:
> On 13-05-07 08:09 AM, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
>> Here are some feature requests to bors queue status page at
>> http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
>>
>> 3. OUTDATED state, for pull requests that need to be rebased. GitHub
>> API provides "mergeable" attribute for this.
> I've fixed #1 and #3 today (as well as adding last-comments and a
> DISCUSSING state). I'll look into #2 soon. Thanks for the feedback.

I am guessing that STALE on http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html 
means "needs rebase" - right?

How does a pull request leave the STALE state? Does it have to be
reviewed again or will the status update automatically at some point
after rebasing? I have rebased https://github.com/mozilla/rust/pull/6433 
but it still shows as STALE.

Thanks
Gareth
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Corey Richardson
On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Gareth Smith
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am guessing that STALE on http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
> means "needs rebase" - right?
>

Yes

> How does a pull request leave the STALE state? Does it have to be reviewed
> again or will the status update automatically at some point after rebasing?
> I have rebased https://github.com/mozilla/rust/pull/6433 but it still shows
> as STALE.
>

It needs to be r+'d again.
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Gareth Smith
On 25/05/13 20:02, Corey Richardson wrote:

> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Gareth Smith
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am guessing that STALE on http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
>> means "needs rebase" - right?
>>
> Yes
>
>> How does a pull request leave the STALE state? Does it have to be reviewed
>> again or will the status update automatically at some point after rebasing?
>> I have rebased https://github.com/mozilla/rust/pull/6433 but it still shows
>> as STALE.
>>
> It needs to be r+'d again.
I see. Thanks.

By the time it gets reviewed, though, it will probably already need a
rebase... which will require another review, by which time it may need
another rebase... There is probably no easy solution to this, but maybe
bors can help?

Gareth
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Corey Richardson
On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Gareth Smith
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> By the time it gets reviewed, though, it will probably already need a
> rebase... which will require another review, by which time it may need
> another rebase... There is probably no easy solution to this, but maybe bors
> can help?
>

Ask "r? <link to PR>" in IRC during daytime PST, usually you get a
review real fast that way :)
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bors feature requests

Graydon Hoare
In reply to this post by Gareth Smith
On 13-05-25 11:36 AM, Gareth Smith wrote:

> On 10/05/13 01:45, Graydon Hoare wrote:
>> On 13-05-07 08:09 AM, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
>>> Here are some feature requests to bors queue status page at
>>> http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
>>>
>>> 3. OUTDATED state, for pull requests that need to be rebased. GitHub
>>> API provides "mergeable" attribute for this.
>> I've fixed #1 and #3 today (as well as adding last-comments and a
>> DISCUSSING state). I'll look into #2 soon. Thanks for the feedback.
>
> I am guessing that STALE on http://buildbot.rust-lang.org/bors/bors.html
> means "needs rebase" - right?
>
> How does a pull request leave the STALE state? Does it have to be
> reviewed again or will the status update automatically at some point
> after rebasing? I have rebased https://github.com/mozilla/rust/pull/6433
> but it still shows as STALE.

Interesting. That pull req is closed but ... it should not be happening.
It should only say STALE if it's in the state where github says it can't
be merged (i.e. "We can’t automatically merge this pull request. to
resolve conflicts before continuing."). That's the API we're asking,
anyways!

Once un-STALE, it should go back to UNREVIEWED or DISCUSSING.

I now see what while _most_ of the current STALE requests are like that,
one in particular (https://github.com/mozilla/rust/pull/6703) is not. So
this is either a github API problem or a bug in bors. I'll look into it
shortly.

Thanks for reporting it.

-Graydon
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev