Quantcast

Where to include "access" unix function in Rust API

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Where to include "access" unix function in Rust API

Jesús Espino
Hi, I need a function that check the permissions of the current user
in a file (this is the unix access function). In rust i can use the
unsafe function libc::access, but I think must more sense to have it
on the File Metadata object or MetadataExt.

I'm thinking about make a pull request to rust with this function
(calling libc::access) but I want to know if this approach is correct,
and where to include it.

Regards.
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Where to include "access" unix function in Rust API

Evan G
Hey! Not sure how you got here, but this mailing list is shut down in favor of the rust forum. Feel free to ask your questions there!

it looks like you may be looking for https://doc.rust-lang.org/std/fs/struct.Permissions.html though.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 4:29 PM Jesús Espino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I need a function that check the permissions of the current user
in a file (this is the unix access function). In rust i can use the
unsafe function libc::access, but I think must more sense to have it
on the File Metadata object or MetadataExt.

I'm thinking about make a pull request to rust with this function
(calling libc::access) but I want to know if this approach is correct,
and where to include it.

Regards.
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev

_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Where to include "access" unix function in Rust API

Josh Stone
On 11/14/2015 01:38 PM, Evan G wrote:
> Hey! Not sure how you got here, but this mailing list is shut down in
> favor of the rust forum <https://users.rust-lang.org>. Feel free to ask
> your questions there!

Why is the list even accepting new messages anymore?  It should be a
read-only archive, with a bounce similar to your reply, pointing to the
users forum.  Is this possible to configure?
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Where to include "access" unix function in Rust API

Josh Stone
On 11/16/2015 12:56 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
> On 11/14/2015 01:38 PM, Evan G wrote:
>> Hey! Not sure how you got here, but this mailing list is shut down in
>> favor of the rust forum <https://users.rust-lang.org>. Feel free to ask
>> your questions there!
>
> Why is the list even accepting new messages anymore?  It should be a
> read-only archive, with a bounce similar to your reply, pointing to the
> users forum.  Is this possible to configure?

Aha, I did get an auto-response from rust-dev-bounces:

"The rust-dev mailing list is no longer active. Please direct your
queries to http://discuss.rust-lang.org/"

Perhaps that should be updated to reflect the users/internals split.
Then I guess the remainder is just to make the list read-only now, and
stop delivering new messages.
_______________________________________________
Rust-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/rust-dev
Loading...