Implementing an application in Rust for ‘C’ RTOS

Implementing an application in Rust for ‘C’ RTOS

Bangalore Ramaiah, Mk

Greetings..!

I am relatively new to rust and planning on building an application in Rust for Contiki RTOS (implemented in C).

As of now I am able to write a Rust lib containing code that will be called from other Contiki applications.

But I am finding it bit tricky (with current Rust version) to create processes in an application and making OS to call it. i.e I would need to access OS's data structures in Rust app, modify it and export it. Currently though the program can be successfully compiled, it crashes during run-time due to segmentation failure.

I need advice on how to approach the implementation of Rust app for an C RTOS. Are there any project examples doing the same/similar (Online search wasn't so helpful).

Thanks.

Madhu

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Prof. Dr. Hermann Eul
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich