Cross-compilation with plugins is effectively dead?

Cross-compilation with plugins is effectively dead?

Vladimir Pouzanov
I have some concerns related to https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/18699 and I'd like to get some advice from the team.

Support for cross-compiling code with plugins was broken for a few months now for anything but linux. Finally it seems to be broken for linux as well halting all our efforts.

How important is cross-compilation support for rust at all? zinc is barely the only embedded project based on rust but we do use plugins and macros extensively throughout the code and we can't just stop using them, unfortunately; so for us any breakage of plugins system is a halt. We can deal with internal libs changing syntax but fixing up compiler itself is not that easy.

Any chance we'll see it fixed before 1.0 hits?

--
Sincerely,
Vladimir "Farcaller" Pouzanov